Monday, August 10, 2015

#MTBoSBlaugust 10: Prescription for that overwhelmed feeling ...

The post will be short tonight  ...  feeling that overwhelmed/paralysis feeling ... need to strike something BIG off my to-do list :)  Maybe tomorrow!

Tonight ... list of gratitude ... and top of the list ...

My Twitter friends!  I am especially grateful for the group that hangs out at #EduRead ... they inspire me, challenge me, and encourage me!  I love our conversations ... the reflective moments when we think deeply about our practice. I'm grateful for those professional conversations, for reflective moments.

And, yes, there is so much more ...

Yesterday, was one of those ordinary days ... simple, quiet, restful. I did a load of laundry, worked online on some lesson planning, had lunch with family, watched a movie, stepped out for my favorite hamburger. Just imagine all that I have to be thankful for encapsulated in that one sentence! I have multiple sets of clothes, sweet family, advanced technology, entertainment ... and delicious food!

Today I attended a training; selected to be a trailblazer in technology - grateful for the opportunity and ... the materials given to my classroom; the challenge to go forth and do well; and the support promised to collaborate and celebrate. Thankful for a school district that focuses on students, providing an excellent education first, and testing much further down the list of discussion points!

I'm thankful for the to-do list that has me worn down tonight ... it is evidence of a job, a profession, a calling that I love!  Thankful tonight for rest, comfort ... for the sleep I will enjoy and the flexibility of another slow morning! For returned energy that is sure to follow that morning cup of coffee!

There is much more ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment