Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mom #MTBoS30 - 8


My mom passed away about 6 years ago.  I miss her!  I was blessed to have a wonderful mom!  

She taught me many things ... 

... how to clean and keep house
             ... how to sew ... 
    ... how to cook ... 
 ... she taught me hospitality - how to entertain guests with ease ... 
        ... how to worship 

Mom loved children ... even though she children of her own she kept foster children for a while.  I learned to help care for those little ones!  I was so excited that in her last Christmas she got to hold her great grandson!

Mom loved music, reading, gardening, and the beach!  No coincidence that those are my favorite things as well!

Her favorite thing was possibly fishing.  I get excited when others reel in the fish ... but that's one thing I didn't learn to love ... I prefer to watch!

When my sons were babies, she told me there are no perfect mothers.  That mothers make the best decision they can make on any given day ... 
                                            ... Mom was not perfect :) but she was wonderful! 










No comments:

Post a Comment