Thursday, May 5, 2016

Fun Math Puns #MTBoS30 - 5

We had a few extra minutes in class today.  Students gave me their best math puns!
Love Padlet for collecting students' ideas!

Here are a few of the puns they shared today ... 

Tried to get a girl... Guess I will have to try another angle.

He became a math teacher because of some prime factors.

Skeptical Mathematicians are often reluctant to cosine even the right loans

Did you hear about the mathematician who invented a device to measure the weight of trees? It's called the log scale.

Deaf mathematicians communicate through sin language.

Math is fun because you get to think "plus" you get to learn.

I used to hate math but then I realized decimals have a point.

He wears glasses during math because it improves division.

I love math puns but some of them don't add up.

Why is the obtuse triangle always so upset? Because it’s never right.

Never talk about infinity with a mathematician. They can go on FOREVER about it!

To the guy that invented 0, thanks for nothing.

Why is one-fifth so stressed?  Because he’s Two Tenths.

Math puns are a sine of a big problem

What is the exponential function's favorite thing to do in summer?  Rolling logs 

Mathematics teachers call retirement the aftermath.

What do you call a mathematician with a gun?  Trigger-nometry 

What did the evil quadratic equation say when his plan was defeated?  ARGH! I'VE BEEN FOILED

What are tree's favorite kind of math?  Twigonometry.

I was having trouble in math until my teacher SUMMED it up for me.

I can do algebra and I can do trig, but graphing is where I draw the line.

What's a snake's favorite formula?  The PYTHON-gorean theorem!   

No comments:

Post a Comment