Monday, May 25, 2015

Nine, and reflecting

We have nine days left.
I enjoy my students, privileged to get to work with them, but I'm glad summer is coming.

Summer "break" is a break from teaching.  It's my free time .... vacationing, down time, family time, home projects, personal renewal, the "r and r" time.

It's also time for personal learning.  Breaking down the new teaching standards expected for the coming year; learning new technology to engage students in critical thinking; refilling my own "bucket" - the motivation to do well, be well.

Already the summer reading is gathering on my shelf.
  • Teaching Numeracy: 9 Critical Habits to Ignite Mathematical Thinking
  • What's Math Got to Do with It?: How Teachers and Parents Can Transform Mathematics Learning and Inspire Success
  • The 5-Minute Teacher: How do I maximize time for learning in my classroom?
  • Ditch That Textbook: Free Your Teaching and Revolutionize Your Classroom
Before the summer is over I'm certain to have added 1, 2, 3 more titles to my professional reading.  There are a couple of educational technology blogs I'll be devouring as well.  And hopefully much Twitter chatting as I connect with teachers online.  I still have so much to learn!

I'm feeling drained ... 
We have nine days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment