Wednesday, June 18, 2014

#70Days Vacation!

Day 13

It is Day 5 on the beach ... this is our view from the balcony:



I woke up today with a queasy  tummy so I've chosen to rest, read,  and now blog.  I've spent most of today in the shade of the balcony.  Finished one book, read another short one (novella) and started the third. The rest of the family have played on the sand, by the pool, and several of them are at the movie house this afternoon!

About an hour ago the lump in my stomach eased up so I took a walk on the beach.  My devotional thought today comes from that walk ... the song in my heart ... "How Great Thou Art."  Hopefully my voice didn't carry too far down the beach as I sang the words to the Father.

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

And when I think of God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"


Chorus
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

I've spent little time online this week - enjoying long breaks from technology.  I did check email this morning.  Was excited to receive email from Jo Boaler and the youcubed organization.  Her video on the reasons why we need the common core math standards is great!  I live and work in a non-common core state but the points she makes in her video are applicable no matter the standards.  Math must be a learning subject, not just a performance subject.  And students need rich, worthwhile tasks that are open enough to explore math - not just seek a one right answer.  If you have seen her video check it out here!

And now back to vacating ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment