Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Who am I?

When I first started blogging, I blogged to quieten myself, to find that center.  I wrote about it here in my original blog, In Stillness the Dancing. Then when I returned to the classroom after having been an administrator for 12 years, I began blogging about teaching and learning.  And out of that Algebra's Friend evolved.  And then this year 180 Snaps!  Earlier this school year, in response to other MTBoS blogging, I wrote about why I blog.

I have written very little about myself beyond my classroom.  I am a wife of almost 40 years to Ron.  He is the love of my life, the joy of my heart, my best friend.  He has taught me much about unconditional love! 

I am a mom of two sons, now grown.  I loved them dearly as little ones, and now I love who they have become!  They are smart, funny, talented!  They chose amazing wives ... my daughters!  And they have given me two grandsons.  Those little boys are such fun ... they keep me young!

We are family people.  We spend time with our family.  On Friday nights, my husband and I keep the grandkids so their parents can have weekly dates, some adult time!  On Sundays we all gather around the dining room table for dinner.  That's when we catch up with one another, share the stories of our lives.  And we eat the tastiest food!  There are quite a few excellent cooks in our family!

In my free time, I read, garden, take walks, swim.  There's not nearly enough time for those activities and yet I know that taking time for myself is a gift to those around me.  When life gets out of balance, the joy ebbs. Teaching is a demanding job, and schools are not careful to encourage teachers to maintain balance.  It's easy to get caught up in all of the activity and forget to maintain some sort of private life.

And again that's one reason I blog.  Taking time to write down thoughts empties them from my head, puts them in black/white, and then I can move on ... or reflect on them with some control.

#MTBoS30





No comments:

Post a Comment