I notice ...
- Streams of tweets flow daily, no hourly!
- Some folks in MTBoS tweet a LOT!
- Tweets range from cute/funny comments to serious professional development.
- Tweets remind me of phone conversations (you know - when we used to call folks to talk about our work!)
- I get excited when someone responds, favorites or retweets my tweets!
- I often want to check my Tweet Deck during the school day! Yikes!
- I am easily overwhelmed with so much data especially on the #chat night!
- I find it difficult to make my thoughts fit in 140 characters!
I wonder ...
- How folks have so much time for tweeting?
- How teachers have time for family, hobbies, LIFE, while tweeting, blogging math all of the time?
I can feel it ... tweeting is addictive! I want to participate more but am holding back. I'm holding back partly because I am new ... prefer to lurk before jumping in. Need to test the waters. I'm holding back because I love to write, love to communicate online, and I don't need to spend anymore time at those activities.
Yes, I want to be the best math teacher I can be!!
I want to read everything written about teaching math and absorb it all and redo all my lesson plans!
I also want to put the technology away, read a good book, take a walk, enjoy the sights and sounds ... without wondering how I could apply it to a math lesson!
If you’re new to Twitter, what is something that has surprised you about it? How compelling, how in the moment, how perfect it is for teachers who share passion for teaching, for math, to communicate - in real time, just in time ...
Guess I'll keep at it a while longer ...