Given: Algebra 2 (advanced students)
... note ... they studied systems of equations in Algebra 1 (2 years ago)
- 4 90 minute class periods
- Must teach solve by graphing, solve by substitution, solve by elimination, and word problems
- Those 4 topics are usually the heading for each of the four days
- The solve by graphing day will include inequalities
- The word problems must include some wind and river current problems
- We teach solving by matrices in a separate unit
I have typical lesson plans ... and plenty of typical practice problems.
One of my goals this year is to use better problems, better questions, time for noticing/wondering, opportunities for developing students' curiosity.
Do you have suggestions for an opening problem for the unit? Or better yet, an opening problem for each day?