Sunday, June 9, 2013

MentorMob ... Awesome Tool!

One of my summer professional development activities is writing more regularly in my blog about my own learning.  In our school, embedding technology effectively is an ongoing initiative.

I decided to explore MentorMob ... a tool for creating a playlist of websites, documents, videos, and more so that everything you need for a topic is in one list.

I created a simple MentorMob on using the Hundred Board in the classroom.  There are six websites that offer a number of ideas, strategies, games, and math center activities.  My MentorMob looks like this:



Create your own Playlist on MentorMob!

I can envision using MentorMob to differentiate instruction - especially for able, independent learners.  I could set up a MentorMob on a curriculum topic ... embed challenges along the way, and allow those students to work on more challenging material.  This tool is an awesome classroom management tool because students need only one link to the playlist.  Every other website, activity, video, sets of questions are linked in the one playlist!

Have you used MentorMob?  How would you use it in your classroom?



No comments:

Post a Comment