Saturday, January 12, 2013

kudos to period 2

We completed our first week back ... the first week of our second semester.  

On Wednesday, we were working on solving systems of equations by graphing ... and our problems were word problems.  Our team chose problems that compared costs of various services or products.

My second period class rocked that day!  They participated in our guided notes and when we broke up into groups to practice word problems the room hummed with math talk!  I was blown away by their engagement.

So that afternoon, I sent a simple message to their parents via email.  I bragged on their participation and engagement.

A parent wrote back ... He even helped his little brother with his math last night.  What ever you did...THANK YOU!

I don't know what I did ... don't know that I did anything differently!  But I'm happy glad for that one precious hour this week!

For more inspiration check out ... 

Julie's Math Club and Quadratic Formula Song
Inspirational blog for teachers ... one good thing

No comments:

Post a Comment