Tuesday, August 4, 2015

#MTBoSBlaugust 4 Students say I need to ...

What is your focus/theme/mantra for the year and why?  
Create and share a notecard for your desk as a reminder.

My reminder this year is to "have fun!"  I love teaching, I love teaching math, and I love kids of all ages! I also have a tendency to get very task-oriented, focused, and forget to laugh.  It's not because I'm not enjoying my work ... I am!  Doing the math, teaching students ... that's fun for me!  And my students comment on my passion for math.  But they also remind me to loosen up a little, laugh a little, pause a bit, and have fun!



I added the "Be kind" message because I also have a tendency to use sarcasm.  I don't mean to be harsh, or mean.  I see it more as a "tease."  But some students see it as hurtful.

So my reminder to myself ... Enjoy life!  Have fun!  Laugh!  Slow down just a bit!  and Always be kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment