Thursday, April 16, 2015

Whetting the interest ...

How do you whet students' appetite for upcoming activities?  Do you prefer to just spring it on them?  Or do you put a teaser out there?  Just curious.  Most often I don't use a teaser ... so I'm trying out that idea this week.

In two weeks we will wrap up our study of rational functions by studying applications.  We still have to conquer the skills of adding, subtracting and solving equations.

When we get to the applications, I plan to have students illustrate examples by creating comics.  So today in Remind and in Google Classroom, I sent them this announcement and included a comic for them ...

Coming soon! An opportunity to make comics in math class! Check out ToonDoo ... create a free individual account. Play around with the tools. The assignment will come in late April!

I'll let you know in a day or two if anyone mentions it!

No comments:

Post a Comment