Sunday, August 12, 2012

I'm ready!

This is a big day ... or the preparation for a big day.  Tomorrow I join hundreds of new teachers in our local school district.  It is my first time to attend a new teacher orientation in 15 years.  In the last few years, I participated in new teacher orientations as a school administrator - a leader.  Tomorrow - I am on the other side of the table.

I printed out driving directions.  I decided on a simple business casual outfit.  I cooked egg muffins for quick and easy breakfasts this week.  I packed my purse with protein bars.  I located a notebook to take just in case I need to take notes.  I'm prepared to listen and learn as a "newbie!"

I'm actually looking forward to the next few days in new teacher orientation.  I love being  a learner.  I can relax, take notes, draw analogies to my previous experiences, and contemplate ideas for my new classroom!  I love seeing how school can be done differently!

I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment