Friday, January 1, 2016

Currently January!




I use old TV/Netflix to wind down ... favorite shows include NCIS, Damages, Parenthood, Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie and more!

The holidays have been so very relaxing.  I made a clean break with school ... have spent time with family, cooking, reading, playing with grandsons.  I've tried several new recipes.  One in particular turned out well for a fairly easy supper ... stacked chicken enchiladas.  Here is the recipe:



Monday is coming ... quickly ... fortunately that first day back is a professional development day.  I don't know what we will do that day ... but I'm sure it will be fun to be with colleagues!

Even though I want to be ready to get back into the swing of things at school, I really want more time to read and rest!  I just started a novel my son gave me for Christmas!  It's The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver ... a classic!  I did a quick Google search for some background on the novel ... found this Mental Floss article ... check it out!

So ... resting, reading, playing ... but lessons are coming!  Tuesday's plan is ready ... I just need to work through it to be sure I have the details down, and the information fresh in my mind.

Last ... my word for this year ... mindfulness!  I don't want to lead a double or divided life!


1 comment: