Thursday, December 31, 2015

"mindfulness" ... my word for 2016


Mindful and Engaged

My word for 2016 is "mindfulness."

To work with Things in the indescribable
relationship is not too hard for us;
the pattern grows more intricate and subtle,
and being swept along is not enough.
... Rainer Maria Rilke


In 2016, I don't want to just be swept along ... I want to make each day, each minute count!  Mindful and engaged!

Parker Palmer uses the Mobius strip to explain the undivided life (be still my math heart!).  He writes, "... the two apparent sides keep cocreating each other ... its message is clear: whatever is inside us continually flows outward to help form, or deform, the world - and whatever is outside us continually flows inward to help form, or deform , our lives ... there is only one reality."

Life is not public vs private, work vs home, or personal vs professional ... I want to be mindful that "the two apparent sides keep cocreating each other!"

#youredustory
#oneword365

No comments:

Post a Comment