Saturday, July 15, 2017

Not math ... just little kids!

My husband and I have 4 grandsons. We adore them, and are blessed to get to spend a lot of time with them. It is our choice to leave nearby, to share in their lives. So we are kid-types ... maybe even kid-magnets!

Yesterday we were standing in a checkout line at Toys R Us buying a birthday gift. A little guy in front of us said, "Hi!" We responded with hello, and smiled.  The kid said, "You are buying a toy for your grandson!?" My husband replied, "Yes, we are! But why couldn't I buy this toy for myself?" The youngster quickly said, "But adults don't play with toys!" He was four, spending the day with his granddad. He told us he gets to spend every Friday with him.

Then tonight we were at our favorite burger spot (P Terry), and a cute little kid said, "Hi!" We responded with hello and a smile.  My husband asked him his name and how old he was. The kid responded - he was just three! I spoke with his mom, explained that we are grandparents to 4 boys. She told her son that my husband is a "Pops."  The boy named him, "Pops P Terry!"

I think I may have to start recording our conversations with the "littles" set!

No comments:

Post a Comment