Tuesday, December 29, 2015

#MTBoS12days Start ... Stop ... Continue ...

I haven't thought about school for 10 days!  Not sure I'm ready to think about it yet ... but going to give it a try!

Start ...

  • Walking daily!  Since the summer heat, I haven't worn my fitbit, haven't walked with any consistency.  And it shows!  So ... time to power up the fitbit and get started again!
  • RE-start ... blogging ... maybe :)


Stop ...

  • Stumped here ... will give this more thought!


Continue ...

  • Daily quizzing ... Students take a short quiz every class day.  I use Google Forms, grade it with Flubaroo, and email their scores.  They know the skills they need to work on, the skills that are sharp!
  • Listening to students about the apps/tools they prefer!  This semester I learned that while students get excited using Kahoot, they don't feel like it is helpful to learning.  ON the other hand, they LOVE Quizziz!
  • Putting lessons on unit websites.  I started creating mini-websites for each unit with all of the lesson components embedded.  Students seem to like it much better than Google Classroom ... and it is easy for me to manage.
  • Random seating and high fives have been more of a hit in class than I thought they would be.  I did slack on the random seating this last six weeks ... let students choose their partners.  January will be a good month to mix it up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...