Tuesday, December 29, 2015

#MTBoS12day "Yule Blog" Challenge ... Yuletide favorites

This holiday I took a break from school ... haven't read blogs, Twitter, etc ... until tonight!  And that's when I discovered the Yule Blog Challenge.  Great fun!  On one hand ... sorry to be late to the blogging party, and on the other hand, glad to have made a clean break for a bit.

So ... I may not get in 12 posts ... but I'll post a few :)

I chose Yuletide favorites as my first post ...

I'm writing from a hotel room, situated on the gulf ... balcony with ocean view, sounds of the surf and salt air blowing!  My favorite way to relax is to walk on the beach.  And no, I don't live close.  But being able to escape to the beach now and then is one way I clear my head, ponder the great universe, and feed my soul.  This holiday Ron and I were able to get away for a few days!

A second Yuletide favorite is reading!  During the school year I focus mostly on professional reading. But beginning with Thanksgiving break I look for books that will inspire me spiritually.  This year I chose these books to read ... Ann Voskamp's book, The Greatest Gift, an advent devotional; Parker Palmer's, A Hidden Wholeness; and Adam McHugh, The Listening Life.  I can recommend all three - they are thought-provoking, challenging ... and hopefully will help shape my personal growth over the new few months!

A third Yuletide favorite is making sweet rolls - sticky buns for Christmas morning.  This year's batch turned out quite tasty!  I love to cook but don't cook very often ... too little time and energy!  I like this recipe because it's easy ... the rolls are made the night before ... and they are easy to pop into the oven in the morning!  The recipe is not original with me!  You can find it online here ... make some for your New Year's breakfast!

To my blogging friends, I hope you are having a wonderfully relaxing break!  Merry Christmas!








2 comments:

  1. I have missed your blogs! I live at the beach in New Jersey, quite a distance from you, and understand how the beach can clear the mind and feed the soul. My intention is to at least read the Parker Palmer book before I head back to school after the holiday. I, too, love to cook. It is my meditation. Those sticky buns are on my New Year's Day breakfast menu. Thank you for taking the time to share.YOU are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete