Monday, November 3, 2014

NaBloPoMo #3 A Coincidental Conversation

A coincidental thing happened today ... made me chuckle.

Students asked me about my weekend.  I told them I had a nice weekend but that I worked too much ... I was grading quite a bit this weekend.

One student offered ... just give us all 100's!

I replied that's exactly what my husband says ... just give them A's and everyone will be happy!  I continued, "But then when my supervisor checks my gradebook, he'll ask me why I've been giving completion grades!"

A student asked, "You mean you aren't allowed to give us completion grades?"

"That's right!  The grades in the gradebook have to represent mastery of required content!" I replied.

We all sighed and the bell rang.  I glanced over at my email ... and guess what was there!

Hello Beth,

Thank you for keeping up with your gradebook! You have at least five grades entered, it does not look like any grades are based on completion, all grades are out of a 100-point scale, and the class averages look good! :)

Please let me know if there is anything I can help with. Thank you.

YES! My supervisor had checked the gradebook ... now isn't that quite the coincidence?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment