I love the holiday season! I am easily distracted!
The focus for this week ...
- Factoring! I teach students to use the X (or diamond) puzzle and a table to organize/find factors. I teach the "box" method and "grouping" method for factoring. We emphasize four levels - only a GCF present, a = 1, a > 1, and combinations. On Monday I want students to compare box and grouping methods to look for similarities and differences. Already I hear them saying they "love" the box method. Only a few say - wow, grouping makes sense.
- Completing the square! I plan to use Sam's lesson (found here) to take students through the process of completing the square step by step!
- Friday is an "extra" day in our curriculum plan ... so I plan to do some enrichment activities that day. I pretty sure we will do Desmos' Penny Circle activity and work on our blogs. We have the whole next week off (which is well-deserved since we haven't had a day since Labor Day!)
Two holiday favorites ...
- I love Christmas music ... already I'm listening to my favorites!
- Holiday magazines ... I don't buy magazines often ... except the November and December issues. I love to browse, make lists from the ideas I see, find new recipes.
A first this week
Our school has decided to do instructional rounds. Monday is the first event. The focus is collecting data about critical thinking.
Post a Comment