Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July Currently ...

Today I am linking with Farley's July Currently!

I filled out part of the chart yesterday while the grandsons were watching a bit of TV ... so the listening part is about tuning in to cartoons.


One of my favorite parts of the summer are the slow mornings.  I am not an early morning person.  Don't get me wrong - I wake up plenty early, even in the summertime.  But although my eyes are open, and I feel the need to arise from bed, my mind (and body) likes the slow amble to the coffee pot and the quiet meditating time.  I usually take my computer with me as I brew that first cup of coffee and head to the patio.  (We enclosed it this past spring - a super idea!).  As I sip hot brew, my mind takes its time warming up to the idea that another day has dawned!  I love the slow mornings!

And what do I find myself thinking about most often ... yup! that's right!  I'm thinking about education, school, teaching math, lesson planning!  It's crazy, I know.  I find myself skimming through my Feedly to see who has added an interesting idea or math tidbit to challenge me.  Then I look for one more good way to teach required content.  It's really difficult to turn off that part of my thinking!

And since I'm thinking so much about school still, I want the clocks to move slowly through these summer hours!  While I choose to think about school even in the summer, I'm not ready to face the reality of school just yet!

I had big plans for the summer as far as eating healthy, exercising more, and putting off a few pounds.  We eat reasonably healthy; our family focuses on whole foods, little to no packaged products, less sugar and grain than the average bear.  And this summer I have been in the pool almost everyday.  But the pounds, they do stick!  I haven't managed to tip the scales in the negative direction at all!

Friday is the Fourth!  We might walk to the local park where some fireworks will take place.  But there's a good chance we'll just catch the explosions on TV.  During the day, I doubt we will do anything historic.  If all goes well, we may grill some ribs!

What's happening in your July life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...