Monday, November 25, 2013

Love the Sliders!

Today I was working on a lesson plan on the quadratic formula.  I ran across this activity called Doing What Mathematicans Do published by The Charles A. Dana Center at The University of Texas at Austin in a resource called Algebra 2 Assessments.

As I thought about the activity where students play with different values in a quadratic equation, a, b, c, I wondered how we might use Desmos.  So I spent a few minutes at that site.  I typed in the standard form of the quadratic equation, ax^2 + bx + c.  Desmos asked me, sliders for a? for b? for c? for all?

And I was sold!

I can't wait to share this activity with my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...