Thursday, September 19, 2013

My new Fave ... Edmodo!


I used Edmodo for the first time this week to give a quiz.

It's a win-win situation.

  • Students receive instant feedback.  
  • They can review the quiz questions they missed - right then or later.  
  • The program randomizes the questions and answers in case you have wandering eyes in your classroom.  
  • The program provides me with graphs of how well students did on each question so I know which ones I might need to spiral back in our conversations.
  • I can easily create a 'retake' quiz because when you ask to edit a previously created quiz, the program automatically opens a copy for you.  That copy can be renamed, questions tweaked ... and the retake is ready to go.
  • I don't take home 150 papers daily ... fight to grade them all ... so I can return them in a timely manner!
Formative assessment just got easier by a long shot!  I can give a quick check, look at the scores, determine who needs help, create small teaching groups or set up tutoring sessions.


I like to take baby steps when using new platforms.  After we have taken a couple of quizzes and we have that process under control, I want to use the front page ... "notes" very much like the "status" page on Facebook, for class discussion.  I plan to use the Math Munch site as our source of discussion topics.  Hopefully I can report on that in a week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...