Saturday, December 1, 2012

need inspiration in order to inspire!

Sunday FunDayI'm so glad math bloggers are writing about student reflection and setting goals this week.  I need some help with that.  We are reviewing our data (all the time!) ... and in a recent meeting with the Associate Principal and Math Department Chair we discussed ways to help students who are not yet successful in Algebra to achieve at least basic mastery.  Since that meeting I've been thinking about what else I can do.  (I've also spent a little time venting about the fact that I have no time, energy, or ideas for something else to do!  Time for a few of these young teens to buckle down!)

I love the idea of spend a portion of a class period discussing where we've been, where we are, and where we want to be.  I know that many of my students would use an exercise in reflection and goal setting to their advantage.

I read this blog, and this one ... by high school teachers.  A blog by an educator of adults also writes about goal-setting.

I look forward to reading the ideas shared in the MS Sunday Funday list!  I need some inspiration ... in order to inspire my students to greater success!

PS ... I created a Semester Reflection Sheet to use at the end of the semester.  I want feedback from students.  I also want them to set some goals.  I am not completely happy with this form - open to ideas.

1 comment: