Sunday, August 12, 2012

I'm ready!

This is a big day ... or the preparation for a big day.  Tomorrow I join hundreds of new teachers in our local school district.  It is my first time to attend a new teacher orientation in 15 years.  In the last few years, I participated in new teacher orientations as a school administrator - a leader.  Tomorrow - I am on the other side of the table.

I printed out driving directions.  I decided on a simple business casual outfit.  I cooked egg muffins for quick and easy breakfasts this week.  I packed my purse with protein bars.  I located a notebook to take just in case I need to take notes.  I'm prepared to listen and learn as a "newbie!"

I'm actually looking forward to the next few days in new teacher orientation.  I love being  a learner.  I can relax, take notes, draw analogies to my previous experiences, and contemplate ideas for my new classroom!  I love seeing how school can be done differently!

I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...