Sunday, August 12, 2012

donorschoose.org

I have been overwhelmed with the time, effort and cost of setting up a classroom.  I am sure there were times as an administrator that I did not show enough compassion or recognition of the work involved in setting their classrooms ... and for that I apologize!

Curtains, posters, bulletin board creatives, lighting, special nooks ... the list goes on ... even in a high school classroom!  But those are the "window dressings" that create an inviting environment.  The hands-on materials that are the basis for engaging learning are the next step!  And for that step I've tapped into http://www.donorschoose.org/.

I have posted a request for 2 sets of materials.

  • From Empty to Energized - will provide a Hands-On Equation class set: Project ID: 834323

  • Making Algebra Visual - will provide Algebra Tiles for the class:  Project ID: 834350

I don't have experience with donorschoose ... but I am hopeful that there will be folks who might be willing to contribute to these simple materials.

If you have had projects funded, tell me about it!  I'd love to hear your stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment