Saturday, August 13, 2016

#MTBoSBlaugust Weekend Edition Always, Sometimes, Never!


Always, Sometimes, Never are statements that allow students to justify thinking using prediction, inference, and testing hypotheses.  Last summer I started a new website curating statements to be used for this purpose.  As school started I was overwhelmed and didn't continue to build up the list.

This year I am tackling it again!  I've made a good start this week in adding several statements to categorize.  I'd love your suggestions!  



6 comments:

  1. I could see these as Desmos card sorts too! Somehow I missed this venture last year, so I'm glad you brought them up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - they will make desmos sorts as well. If you want the jpegs, let me know.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I love ASN and the idea of putting them into Desmos. I added your new blog to my roll :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! If you want the jpgs to put into Desmos, I can send them to you.

      Delete
  3. I love your ASN site!! I plan to use it this year for sure! It resonates with me because I truly believe in Dan Meyer's statement to "start a fight" engages students in the mathematics, which these can do! Are you considering adding other areas such as rational functions, exponential functions, exponent relationships, conics, etc.? I'd love to see a post on your website about how you use your ASN site in your class...as an opening activity, review, etc. I also see these used as a possible review station. thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn - yes ... I hope to add new categories in the next few days! I'll see if I can write a blog suggesting ways to use the site. There are still several posts to write for Blaugust!

      Delete

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...