Then I checked my blog roll ... and this post appeared: 8 Books That Will Challenge You As a Teacher (and Learner) This Summer by AJ Juliani. As I read his post I realized I have some serious reading to do this summer <smile!>
Here are the books he mentions ...
Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
pair with Mindstorms by Seymour Papert
Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
Originals by Adam Grant
pair with The Innovator’s Mindset by George Couros
You'll have to catch his blog for the explanation of why he recommends the books and why he paired them the way he did.
- Creative Schools by Ken Robinson
- Disciplined Dreaming by Josh Linkner
- The Accidental Creative by Todd Henry
- A More Beautiful Question by Warren Berger
- The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist’s Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults by F.E. Jensen
- Lost at School by Ross Greene
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals by McChesney, Covey and Huling
- Lock In by John Scalzi
Time to check these out!
By the way - nothing wrong with reading super light reading, the beach reads! For this first-born A-type personality, learning to rest/relax is important. The easy reads help!