Saturday, August 8, 2015

#MTBoSBlaugust 8 Ideas Percolating

Something I read/learned this summer that intrigued me…

I read Make It Stick again this summer ... and this time, I'm hoping it sticks! Last summer I read it, was excited about it, but I didn't act on what I had learned.

This summer is different.  I read and discussed it. Pulled key ideas out.  Created a couple of classroom posters.  Beginning to think about how to address homework.  Ideas are percolating in the back of the brain.

In preparation I need for students to interact with the content of Make it Stick.

I've seen Julie's lesson plan ... very nice!
And Pam's and Meg's handouts! Awesome!

I have ideas and materials ... now I just need to put it all into a format that fits our class.  I know I want students to interact with some video and text, think their own thoughts, discuss those thoughts with others, and create something. Still refining the purpose/goal.

My to-do list keeps piling up :)  I'm beginning to feel the familiar tension between urgency and  procrastination.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...