Tuesday, August 4, 2015

#MTBoSBlaugust 4 Students say I need to ...

What is your focus/theme/mantra for the year and why?  
Create and share a notecard for your desk as a reminder.

My reminder this year is to "have fun!"  I love teaching, I love teaching math, and I love kids of all ages! I also have a tendency to get very task-oriented, focused, and forget to laugh.  It's not because I'm not enjoying my work ... I am!  Doing the math, teaching students ... that's fun for me!  And my students comment on my passion for math.  But they also remind me to loosen up a little, laugh a little, pause a bit, and have fun!



I added the "Be kind" message because I also have a tendency to use sarcasm.  I don't mean to be harsh, or mean.  I see it more as a "tease."  But some students see it as hurtful.

So my reminder to myself ... Enjoy life!  Have fun!  Laugh!  Slow down just a bit!  and Always be kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...