Wednesday, July 8, 2015

#70 Days Preparing a Desmos Presentation

I have the opportunity to present on our "Job Alike" training day.  It's a one day training in our before-school prep days when all teachers in a particular discipline gather from around our district.

I was asked to present something from technology and I volunteered a couple of ideas ... the powers that be chose Desmos.  I'm excited to share it because it is definitely a tool that students find helpful!

I've started on the presentation.  But I realize that my perspective might be limited ... so what suggestions do you have?  What else should I include?

To view the work so far go to this link.



I used Kyle Pearce's examples for a few of my pages.  I'm grateful for his examples on how to use Desmos as an inquiry tool demonstrated at iPadpalooza this summer.  

I also plan to share my students' creative art as examples of how to use Desmos in a culminating project.  I know this slide show doesn't show their equations but it does highlight their art!





Please offer your ideas in the comments!  Thank you :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your ideas! Can't wait to learn at Job Alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim ... Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...