Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Table War

We are reviewing attributes of rational functions.  The details require more memory work ... more understanding what part of the rational function discloses what details.  So we did some speed dating for routine work.  And today we played Table War.

I have 23 to 27 students in a class.  I set up "tables" for 3 students ... 9 tables.

All students have a whiteboard, marker ... all students must answer every question.

Students at tables help one another.

I project attribute problems on the screen (powerpoint).

When the table agrees on their answer, one person at the table stands up.  I'm watching to identify the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd tables.

I reveal the answer, everyone checks their own work.  The tables with team members standing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd earn points if their answers are correct ... 10, 7, and 3 points respectively.

After every third problem, students draw chips from paper bags that I prepared in advance ... 2 black chips, 1 red chip in each bag.  The person drawing the red chip has to move to another table.

We completed 12 problems in about 30 minutes or so.




No comments:

Post a Comment