Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Week in Review (Jan 19 - 23)

The good, bad, and ugly ... 

The good ... 
  • Monday's holiday was awesome!  I love having the extra time to putter about the house!
  • Meeting up with @druinok was a definite highlight of the week.  We've been online colleagues for a while but had never met.  She and her husband were traveling south through my stomping grounds.  We met for dinner and a chat!  Who knew we would have so much fun!  She is delightful and so passionate about her work!
  • My sub plans for  Friday worked out well.  I used a Google Presentation with examples and problems embedded and a Google Form for collecting responses.  That model has worked well for me before ... worked again!
The bad ... 
My husband's mother passed away on Thursday about noon.  She was dear to us.  No horror stories about in-laws at our house.  We loved each other's parents from the start.  We flew out early Friday morning to spend time with my husband's family.  The visit has been good ... sad to lose Mother ... sad to visit with family we don't see often on these terms ... but also a sweet time of reunion.

The ugly ... 
Well - I liked the lesson for Tuesday ... and the sub plans were good for Friday ... but Wednesday/Thursday's plans were boring.  They were just plain ugly.  Not enough student to student interaction, not enough practice, not enough engagement ... too much teacher talk.  That's a lesson to improve next year for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment