Sunday, July 6, 2014

#70Days Warm Up Routine Response Sheet!

31/70

I've been working on a "Warm-Up" response sheet.  Classes meet every other day, so I only need 12 warm-ups in a six weeks.  I imagine I'll change this up each six weeks - especially after I try it out.  But this is the plan today!

Students will get one page of the handout every two weeks.  I'll collect the handout at the end of 2 weeks.

When students enter the classroom the expectation will be to finish the assigned warm-up in 5 minutes.  On days where a website is needed, it will be projected on the screen.




Other websites I want to use include Don Steward's Median, Daily Desmos, Five Triangles, Yummy Math and Math Munch!

I welcome your ideas ... routine warm-ups are a challenge for me!

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving the style/layout of your warm-up handout! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I was inspired by a post from last fall by @algebrainiac1. I'm hoping this will help me stick with a routine!

      Delete
  2. I love that you included the self-assessment about your effort for the week! Great idea to have the thumbs up, down, and middle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathryn! I want to be more intentional about students identifying their effort this coming year!

      Delete
  3. I like having the students figure out what percent error they have...that is a great idea. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The Estimation 180 site has a great worksheet for students to use to keep record of their guesses, find their percent error, etc. I'd love to claim credit - but the ideas are from algebraniac1 and the various sites I used!

      Delete

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...