Tuesday, July 8, 2014

#70Days Tuesday Tech Tools

Lists are fun to make ... today, Tuesday, tech tools ... that I like and use often!


The first tool I can't do without is the Windows 7 Snipping Tool!  I use it nearly everyday!  I find just the right graph online, or need just a small section of a worksheet, or want to include just a few words from a post ... the Snipping Tool makes all of that possible!  So easy!




I use CamScanner, an app on my phone, almost everyday.  CamScanner will scan a document in as a pdf and from there you can share it to various media.  I simply hold my phone over a document, student work, my notes, a key that needs to be posted; then take the picture, and the app does the rest.  Super easy, and faster than the old scanner I have here at home!


Fireshot is a handy Chrome app.  FireShot helps you capture web page screenshots, perform quick edits, add text annotations, and save the captures as a PDF or image file.  It's a quick way to get a copy of a webpage needed as a reference.





Super Teacher Tools are awesome - from group maker to random name generator.  Last year I didn't use the group maker as much as I did the year before.  Instead I let students choose their own groups.  As I reflect this summer, I realize that while there were definite benefits in choose their own groups, there are good reasons to mix up the groups as well.  I plan to use group maker regularly this year!




Last up for now is PicMonkey!  I love to use it to put text on pictures!  It's simple and free!





Well I said "last" but I do want to mention that I am really enjoying ThingLink!  I can see how it is going to be a great tool for student work as well as a teaching tool.  If you haven't checked it out, take a look at this and this!


4 comments:

  1. Hooray, I love new apps and tech tools! Thanks for sharing these resources. Downloading now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn! Me, too! So if you know some good android apps let me know. Today I was wishing I had an iPad because of the cool apps available!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 100% agree on CamScanner and Snipping Tool! Can't wait to try the other ones you posted :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...