Tuesday, July 22, 2014

#70Days Lesson planning - Cornell Notes

Writing about the things I haven't done yet this summer was motivating.  Today I worked on lesson plans for our unit on systems of equations.  I plan to use Cornell Notes to guide instruction so I focused my energy on those.  I also found/adapted problem solving for each of the four lessons - solve by graphing, substitution, elimination, and systems of inequalities.

Here are the Cornell outlines for each day:

Day 1 Solving Systems of Equations by Graphing





For my units I am creating 4 documents: a warm-up, a set of notes, a group problem to solve, and a homework set.  I'm feeling pretty good about the first two units.  They still need polishing ... but getting closer!  Hopefully with this basic planning done, I can spend some quality time on daily assessments - short, efficient - with time to write meaningful feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment