Tuesday, July 22, 2014

#70Days Lesson planning - Cornell Notes

Writing about the things I haven't done yet this summer was motivating.  Today I worked on lesson plans for our unit on systems of equations.  I plan to use Cornell Notes to guide instruction so I focused my energy on those.  I also found/adapted problem solving for each of the four lessons - solve by graphing, substitution, elimination, and systems of inequalities.

Here are the Cornell outlines for each day:

Day 1 Solving Systems of Equations by Graphing





For my units I am creating 4 documents: a warm-up, a set of notes, a group problem to solve, and a homework set.  I'm feeling pretty good about the first two units.  They still need polishing ... but getting closer!  Hopefully with this basic planning done, I can spend some quality time on daily assessments - short, efficient - with time to write meaningful feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...