Sunday, June 22, 2014

#70Days Clicking on Resources!

Day 17/70

Devotional phrase this morning:  God blesses us as he himself is blessed!

In verse 3 of Ephesians 1, we see "blessed be ... blessed us ... spiritual blessings."  To bless means to consecrate, to give a gift, to acknowledge a favored status.  We bless God by kneeling in his presence, literally or figuratively, recognizing his worthiness as creator and redeemer. He blesses us with gifts - both temporal and spiritual.

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

This morning I've been touring math blogs ... clicking from one thing to the next.  It started here:
The pinterest link is a group activity for developing better responses to questions.  Students each respond to a question on a sticky note.  Three or 4 students combine the best parts of each of their sticky responses to create a well-developed response!

From that link I explored Pinterest a bit more, and clicked on this pin: a video on exponents.  I chose to follow YayMath on Youtube.  I like to have options to offer my students when they need additional examples/instruction on specific topics!  That trip took me to this teacher's website for secondary math - an excellent resource!

One more pin caught my eye. It's an interactive notebook piece on parent functions.  I'm not in love with INBs but sometimes I wonder if they would be helpful to my students.  This year I want to teach students how to use Cornell notes effectively.  I can't do both the cute, cut/paste notes and Cornell notes.  BUT this foldable on parent functions is a good example of how to organize so much information!  And looking at the foldable took me to Learning with Tape, another secondary math blogger!  I added her work to my Feedly!

I know I clicked more ... but didn't stop to record those ideas.  I'm sure they are in the "history" and will hopefully find them again!

One more fun deed this morning ... I signed up for a Stanford course this morning, a MOOC, on statistics.  My knowledge of statistics won't fill a thimble; it's been way too many years since I took an educational statistics course.  But I have #MTBOS support and learning something new is a good way to keep this old brain vibrant!  Hopefully I will learn ideas and information to share with my students this fall!  Check out MedStats: Statistics in Medicine!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...