Sunday, June 22, 2014

#70Days Clicking on Resources!

Day 17/70

Devotional phrase this morning:  God blesses us as he himself is blessed!

In verse 3 of Ephesians 1, we see "blessed be ... blessed us ... spiritual blessings."  To bless means to consecrate, to give a gift, to acknowledge a favored status.  We bless God by kneeling in his presence, literally or figuratively, recognizing his worthiness as creator and redeemer. He blesses us with gifts - both temporal and spiritual.

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

This morning I've been touring math blogs ... clicking from one thing to the next.  It started here:
The pinterest link is a group activity for developing better responses to questions.  Students each respond to a question on a sticky note.  Three or 4 students combine the best parts of each of their sticky responses to create a well-developed response!

From that link I explored Pinterest a bit more, and clicked on this pin: a video on exponents.  I chose to follow YayMath on Youtube.  I like to have options to offer my students when they need additional examples/instruction on specific topics!  That trip took me to this teacher's website for secondary math - an excellent resource!

One more pin caught my eye. It's an interactive notebook piece on parent functions.  I'm not in love with INBs but sometimes I wonder if they would be helpful to my students.  This year I want to teach students how to use Cornell notes effectively.  I can't do both the cute, cut/paste notes and Cornell notes.  BUT this foldable on parent functions is a good example of how to organize so much information!  And looking at the foldable took me to Learning with Tape, another secondary math blogger!  I added her work to my Feedly!

I know I clicked more ... but didn't stop to record those ideas.  I'm sure they are in the "history" and will hopefully find them again!

One more fun deed this morning ... I signed up for a Stanford course this morning, a MOOC, on statistics.  My knowledge of statistics won't fill a thimble; it's been way too many years since I took an educational statistics course.  But I have #MTBOS support and learning something new is a good way to keep this old brain vibrant!  Hopefully I will learn ideas and information to share with my students this fall!  Check out MedStats: Statistics in Medicine!



No comments:

Post a Comment