Monday, April 7, 2014

Twitter Chats - getting the hang of them!

Last night it was #TXEduChat ...
Tonight it was #Alg2Chat ...
On April 23, #EduRead is coming ...

First I found the chats overwhelming.
Fast scrolling text, words I wanted to read but couldn't quite catch ...
Then just being a novice at Twitter ...
Figuring out which icon responded, which one retweeted, which one favorited ...

Next wanting to jump in ...
But feeling intimidated by such engaged professionals ...
Not sure if my thoughts are outdated ...

And then it came together ...
I said something ... someone favorited it, retweeted it, commented back ...
I was on my way ...

Now I want evenings free for the chats ...
How can I accomplish that!?!

A benefit of the chats is hearing what others are doing in their math classes.

As others talk about their curriculum, I am realizing that I like our Algebra 2 curriculum more and more.  While I think it's fast and somewhat crowded, it has a certain rhyme/reason to it.  And it's making sense to me ... and hopefully to our students.

I'm learning what technology tools others are using ... and feeling validated ... and challenged to explore more!

Folks are discussing student engagement, growth mindset, and how these apply to the classroom.  How to make them happen.  Collaboration, Creativity were recent topics ... great thought provoking discussion!

So now to share with my colleagues in the brick and mortar building ... there is a world of engaging, purposeful conversation in our profession ... come join me!


No comments:

Post a Comment