Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring Break

This week is Spring Break - and yes, it's almost over.  The tension creeps up my neck as I type those words!  Spring Break came a bit early this year, but it was very much needed ... by teachers and students!

So this week ...

  • Shopping for furniture for our newly enclosed patio
  • Creating a special gift for my niece who is getting married in April
  • Discovering the joy (and trials) of Legos as my 4 year old grandson's eyes light up
  • Reading - thanks to free books identified by BookBub
  • Catching up on MTBoS bloggers and their classroom activities
  • Gardening ... putting potatoes and tomatoes in the raised bed boxes
  • Eating out ... finding 1/2 price appetizers at Jack Allen's Kitchen to be amazing
And yes, thinking about our next unit in Algebra 2 ... rational functions.  I'll write more about it in a separate post.  We'll start with creating spaghetti cantilevers to collect data and analyze.  Then we will head over to Desmos to observe rational functions on the graph and identify attributes/transformations.  The notes needed seem heavy ... I've been thinking about how to organize them for students.  And that's as far as I've gotten!

And now to relish the remaining hours of spring break ... 

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! I can't wait to read about the spaghetti cantilevers! My rational functions unit this year was severely lacking. I'm looking forward to seeing ideas to implement next year!

    Thanks, as always, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete