Friday, September 13, 2013

My Fav Friday ... 2 techie tools



I use CamScanner, an app on my phone, almost everyday.  CamScanner will scan a document in as a pdf and from there you can share it to various media.  I simply hold my phone over a document, student work, my notes, a key that needs to be posted; then take the picture, and the app does the rest.  Super easy, and faster than the old scanner I have here at home!


My other favorite tool is a Google Labs app called Canned Response.  Our district uses Gmail.  All of our students have Gmail accounts.  When I am grading papers and a student (or more) doesn't do well, I want to alert them right away because we have a district-wide retake policy.  Canned Response allows me to create a response and save it.  Then when I want to use it, I simply open "compose" and choose the "canned response" I need ... fill in the student's name ... and send.  It saves me from having to copy and paste a typical email.

Here is a sample canned response:

I graded your paper on ... today.

Your grade was below 70.  If you would like to repair this grade, please come to tutoring one morning in the next 5 school days. 

I fill in the blank with the assignment that I graded, fill in students' names in "blind copy" and email.

These 2 techie tools are my favorites this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Thursday Thoughts ... Student Engagement

Student Engagement So many possibilities! Students want to be known, for us to know that they are in the room, that they matter! Gree...