Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Made4Math Monday ... First Day Stations!

Happy Birthday to you!


Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday, Made4Math Monday!

Happy Birthday to you!



I remember last summer well.  I had been out of the classroom for several years.  We moved to another state.  I decided to go back to teaching math ... and I was nervous!  So last summer I scoured the Internet and while surfing, I found this amazing math community.  I participated in the new bloggers initiative and when I could, I contributed to Made4Math Monday and #MyFavFriday!  (I had much more difficulty with the favorite Friday posts.  I think it was because at the end of the week I was exhausted!)

I love Made4Math Monday ... the activities, classroom decor, posters, organizational tools were awesome last year!  I look forward to learning so much more this year.

It appears that I will teach advanced Algebra 2 this year instead of Algebra 1.  My background is in working with gifted learners so I am excited about that part.  I know I'll have much studying to do this year as I spent all last year learning the ins and outs of the Algebra 1 curriculum.

I want to start the year with stations (maybe not day 1 but more like day 2) ... reviewing some basic skills.  I want to observe my students at work.  I'm considering this set of stations although I have some other ideas simmering on the back burner as well.

Here is the link to the document.

What might you do differently?
What activities are you planning for the first day or two of school?



4 comments:

  1. It says I need permission to view your google doc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherrie and others - I forgot to change a setting. It's fixed now :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I know our first unit is on functions - especially reviewing linear functions ... still thinking about how to incorporate these. On the first day I want to do some team building, get to know you activities, and collect information from my students. Hope to publish plans on my blog.

      Delete