Friday, September 14, 2012

Satisfying moments!



It's been a tough week and yet it had many satisfying moments!

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

So ... just a few of my favorite things this week ...

At Open House a mom leaned in as she was leaving to tell me that her son said I was his favorite teacher!  I could have hugged her!

After school, I met with a student who has been behind for weeks due to absences.  We talked and worked together for over an hour ... and as she left she smiled, thanking me for the help!

A teacher dropped in during lunch to ask if I had any candy on hand.  She said it was a student's birthday and she had forgotten to bring him something.  It made my day that she felt comfortable in asking me for help!

About mid-day, a student office worker wheeled in two big boxes on a dolly!  My "DonorChoose" supplies arrived!  The timing couldn't be better!  The supplies are perfect for next week's unit on solving equations!

Two happy teens dropped by my classroom at the end of the day to check to see if I had graded their tests yet!  I loved  their bubbly enthusiasm; their smiles warmed my heart!

There were discouraging moments as well ... the rude comment by a teen, the incorrect answers on questions that I had hoped students would get by now, the long hours in lesson planning.

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

Tonight I'm grateful for the opportunity to made a difference ... slowly but surely ... one, two, three students at a time ... conquering the big ideas in math!

No comments:

Post a Comment