My simple fave for this Friday is our team planning process. We use a backwards design ...
- Identifying the unit and the standards in the unit
- Deconstructing the standards
- Creating a common assessment
- Creating a common study guide and "retake" assessment
- Agreeing on a calendar; Setting the test date
- Then developing the lessons together.
This process is ongoing - we meet for 90 minutes weekly and we typically have assignments to bring to the meeting so that we can get all that needs to be done accomplished.
The planning we do together provides a solid framework for my teaching. I can still add my own activities in the lessons; make modifications for my students; but I know from the beginning of the unit what the expectations are and what students will need to know and be able to do.
I appreciate the team I work with ... they are awesome teachers, hardworking and creative! I appreciate the work we do and the processes we use to get the work done!